I’ve had some good pizza in my life.
Pepe’s pizza in New Haven, CT… The best deep-dish pizza in Chicago…
So, if one were to compare homemade 3 Cheese GAPS Diet pizza ‘apples to apples’ with those legends it might set you up for disappointment.
But. If you’re looking for that home variety of hot-melty-cheese-over-pizza-sauce-over-soft-with-a-little-crunch-pizza-crust, on a grain-free diet like GAPS™, you are in luck.
This pizza recipe is awesome for GAPS and tastes beautiful when it’s hot.
So, make some pizza and gather the kids around for game-night or a movie because…pizza is back on the menu, and it’s so easy to make!
For more recipes like this one, join the GAPS Dinner Club and get a weekly meal plan with recipes and grocery list delivered to your inbox!Print
3 Cheese GAPS Diet Pizza inspired by Mommypotamus.
- 5 cups riced cauliflower (can be frozen)
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup Muenster cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 can sugar-free pizza sauce
- 3+ cups of muenster, Monterey jack & parmesan cheese, mixed
- Preheat oven to 450°
- Place two large baking sheets in the oven
- Measure out 5 cups of cauliflower “rice” and place it in a bowl.
- Sprinkle salt, onion powder, coconut flour and cheese over the cauliflower.
- Add eggs and stir until the ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
- Form mixture into two balls and press into the shape of two pizza crusts on parchment paper. The crust should be about 11-12 inches wide
- Slide heated baking sheets under the parchment paper and place crusts in the oven
- Bake for about 25 minutes. The crust should develop some golden-brown flecks when it’s ready for the addition of toppings
- Add toppings and bake for an additional 8-10 minutes. You can switch the oven setting from Bake to Broil for the last couple of minutes so that the cheese browns a little bit
I used frozen ready-made cauliflower “rice” from my local food store. You can also make your own cauliflower “rice” by pulsing cauliflower florets in your food processor.
Keywords: GAPS Diet Pizza, Grain-free