A creamy and simple GAPS Squash Sausage soup that is full of flavor.
- 2 pounds butternut squash, cubed
- 2 cups homemade chicken stock
- 4–6 cloves garlic, pressed
- 3 tablespoons Red Boat fish sauce (sugar-free)
- 1 – 13 ounce can of organic gum-free coconut milk
- 1 pound sugar-free pork sausage, browned, keeping the drippings to add to the soup as well
- 1 to 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 to 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- Simmer the squash & garlic in the stock until very tender, then puree with stick blender (or in blender)
- Add all the rest of the ingredients and gently simmer until the flavors blend
- OPTIONAL: if you like some “heat,” carefully add 3 to 4 pricked habanero peppers to the squash simmering stage, then carefully remove without touching your fingers to them, and definitely don’t spill the seeds!