A refreshing and nourishing spinach & pea soup
- 4 Tbls butter or ghee
- 1 large onion, diced
- 5 large carrots, diced
- 3 celery ribs, diced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2–3 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 400 grams fresh spinach (approx. 14 oz)
- 2 cups peas, fresh or frozen (I used frozen)
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 Tbls raw apple cider vinegar (or more to taste)
- 1/8–1/4 tsp cayenne powder (optional)
- 4 – 5 cups water
- 4 cups chicken stock
- Creme fraiche or cream (optional for garnishing)
- 1 Tbls real sea salt
- Pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in large stockpot.
- Add the onion, carrots, celery, herbs, 2 tsp salt, and about 1 cup of water.
- Cover & stew for 5 minutes, then add remaining water & broth and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat, and simmer uncovered for about 15 minutes.
- Add the spinach & peas.
- Push the spinach leaves into the soup and simmer until they turn bright green, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from the stovetop and blend soup in your blender or with immersion blender until smooth (I used my Vitamix and blended it in 3 batches)
- Return to stockpot, add lemon juice and apple cider vinegar, remaining salt & pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately with the optional creme fraiche.